Wednesday 5 December 2012

TAMARA AKOTUAH: Ancillary Products- Research- Digi Pack Analysis

Adele's album cover is perfect for a  new artists album cover for the reasons that it follows the codes and conventions in which an ancillary product should include. These conventions are that the artists face should be recognised by audiences including clear fonts which highlight the artists name and album title. Looking at the particular colour themes used, there are clear links and influences from the Marks and Spencer logo which is presented below:
How will this influence my work: I will also use a close up shot of my artist for the album cover. This will highlight the codes and conventions for an ancillary product.
Adele's Album has a simple back cover, I love the idea of having an image of your artist on more than one panel.
How will this influence my work: I will have a bonus track on my tracklist which will have a remix of the song Disappear. I will also have my text large and have my track list take up most of the space so that my artists music is promoted. I am still undecident on whether I will include a photo of my artist on the back cover, looking at Adele's back cover I feel that attention is on the image of her rather than the tracklist.
How will this influence my work: I will also consider using colours which connotate ideologies and stimulate thought. E.G using the colour red if my album includes a lot of love songs
How Will this influence my work: I don't really like the idea of having the same image for your album cover and for the advertisement  However I think it works really well in terms of recognition because I will instantly know when I see that particular image who the artist is and the album it is promoting. I think that I will not keep the poster so simple because my artist is new, I think it is important that more information on the artist is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment